Marin-Sonoma Healthcare Sector Partnerships
About Marin-Sonoma Healthcare Sector Partnership
In the face of market fluctuations and an uncertain national policy outlook, it’s more essential than ever to anchor our focus on persistent, long-term issues facing the healthcare sector. This partnership is an industry-led, community-supported partnership that enables businesses to tackle the toughest challenges in their sector together – and on their own terms.The partnership is:
- Industry-led: Business leaders take on the central role in discussions where they can define and champion their own agenda. Strategies are based on industry-determined priorities, not public programs.
- Community-supported: Public partners form workforce development, economic development, education and other fields work together to convene and assist. These organizations stand ready to pool resources and support he shared strategies that businesses develop.
- Sustainable over time: Sector Partnerships are organized around the topics that interest healthcare leaders most. They offer opportunities to network, identify common competitiveness concerns and design join projects for early, momentum-building wins.
Currently more than 30 Sonoma and Marin organizations have joined and their focus includes:
- Points of transition between medical/acute care and community/home care to reduce readmission rates.
- Critical occupations and increasing the skills for a pool of qualified talent.
- Cost of living and workforce retention.
For more information, contact Caran Cuneo (Marin County) or Nancy Keene (Sonoma County).