Artists in Action: Creating Your Artist Website
With all the great DIY website builders available these days, it’s easier than ever for an artist to create their own website. But just because you don’t need to know how to code doesn’t mean that the task can’t be overwhelming. In this workshop, I’ll share some tips to get you organized and feeling confident, whether you’re building a new site or redesigning an old one.
- the importance of clarifying the purpose of your site and its intended audience;
- organizing and preparing your visual and written content;
- crafting clear calls-to-action;
- leaning into your voice and what makes you unique as an artist;
- and why it helps to work with a buddy!
Allison Wyper is an interdisciplinary artist who founded Rhizomatic Arts (http://rhizomaticarts.com) to provide consulting, services, and structures to help creative people work independently, not alone. She specializes in one-on-one coaching, intuitive website design, authentic marketing and communications, and collaborative exchange. Allison is also the Artists Knowledge Manager at the Center for Cultural Innovation.